Protection Security Associates (PSA) provides armed and unarmed security guards in Maryland tailored to the specific needs of the client. Our guards undergo a comprehensive vetting process and are chosen for their vast field experience and expertise. Armed and unarmed security guards are available 24 hours a day and can be deployed within hours of designated threats against our clients under contract.
PSA demands the best from our security guards and will accept nothing less. We set our expectations high because our clients deserve nothing less than the best. All security guards understand our philosophy of being proactive, not reactive. We can customize security solutions to fill your needs on a daily, weekly or long-term contract basis here in Maryland.
With the increased threat of international and domestic terrorism, workplace violence and internal theft and fraud you can no longer accept sub-standard security services. Never compromise the safety and security of your company, employees or family, we won’t!
Protection Security Associates is a private Maryland security firm offering various solutions to all your security and investigative needs.
• Armed Money Escorts
• Gated Communities and Retail Locations
• Hotels, Campus, and Schools
• Suit, Tactical or Uniform (armed/unarmed)
• Long and Short Term Contracts
• Special Event Security, Corporate Security
• Office Buildings and Construction Sites
• Private Property – Compound Protection
• Armed Emergency Response Teams
• Active Shooter and Threat Analysis/Assessments
• Investigation Services
The Top 5 Hidden Issues When You Hire Sub-Standard Security
- Turnover: The real danger emerges when high turnover becomes characteristic of a contract and both the contractor and the service provider find themselves in an exhausting cycle or finding and training personnel to meet the needs of the security program. A high turnover rate has an adverse effect on employee morale, performance, and engagement. This atmosphere requires more energy and attention be spent not only on training but on tending to the inevitable personnel issues that arise. Disaffected employees both create and are created by the environment they work in and the result can drive an organization’s security function into a spiral from which it is difficult to escape.
- Image and Reputation: Frontline officers are ambassadors for both your organization and for the security function. Credibility is a key factor in internal influence and the comportment, accomplishments, and appearance of the officers are the single most important factor in the credibility of the security director and the security function.
- People Problems: The contracting organization representatives end up spending more time trying to resolve issues or challenge the security provider to resolve problems.
- Lack of Engagement: The result is a workforce that does not fully engage with its role and duties. An engaged workforce volunteers discretionary effort that provides value over and above the constraints of the contract that often are never documented.
- The Missing Partner: As energy follows attention, this means the service provider is constantly putting out fires instead of growing into that partnership that is the hallmark of high-achieving outsourced security. There is no opportunity for parties to sit down together and focus on building the security program in a way that realizes the goals and objectives of the organization.
Definition Security guards, security officers; A private person or agency who is paid to protect property and its assets (people, money, etc) by utilizing preventative measures. They do this by maintaining a high-visibility presence to deter illegal and inappropriate actions, observing (either directly, through patrols, or by watching alarm systems or video cameras) for signs of crime, fire or disorder; then taking action to minimize damage (example: warning and escorting trespassers off property) and reporting any incidents to their client and emergency services as appropriate. Their international symbol of brotherhood is The Thin Green Line. Security guards are generally uniformed to represent their lawful authority on private property.
Until the 1980’s, the term watchman (security guards) was more commonly applied to this function, dating back to at least the Middle Ages in England where there was no form of law enforcement (other than it is a private matter). This term was carried over to North America where it was interchangeable with night-watchman until both terms were replaced with the modern security-based titles. Security guards are sometimes regarded as fulfilling a private policing function.